Better Brain Health
Thursday, January 11 at 6:30 P.M.
Dementia is not a normal part of aging. Join us on Thursday, January 11 at 6:30 P.M. at the Ripon Public Library to discover what you can do to lower your dementia risk and keep your brain healthy and sharp. This session will cover:
- Common diseases that cause dementia
- Other conditions that mimic dementia
- Signs and symptoms
- Risk factors
- Strategies to maintain a healthy brain (physical health, nutrition, mental stimulation, social engagement)
- Where to find more information and resources
Presented by Mary Lyke, recently retired Ripon Area School District Nurse, and Melanie Simpkins, Public Health Nurse/ Health Education and Work and Wellness Coordinator with the Green Lake County Health Unit.
Blue Zone Healthy Lifestyle Series
Stay tuned for Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, Brenda Block’s upcoming Blue Zone Diets series at the Ripon Public Library. This series will explore the diets and lifestyles of those living in the Blue Zones – areas of the world where people are the healthiest and live the longest. People in these cultures often live to be 100 years and they remain healthy! Join us as we cover a different regional diet each month, Thursdays at 6:30 P.M. this winter and spring:
- January 25 – Sardinia, Italy
- February 8 – Okinawa, Japan
- March 8 – Loma Linda, California
- April 12 – Nicoya, Costa Rica
- May 10 – Ikaria, Greece
Visit us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/RiponPublicLibrary, to preview our upcoming winter and spring events!
These programs are free and open to the public. Call the library at 748-6160 or contact Mandy Sprague at email@example.com for more information.